What to wear to nursery
- Please put your child’s name on coats, hats, scarves, etc. as these easily get mixed up or lost.
- Please let your child wear clothes, which will wash easily (including outdoor clothes). We have aprons and outdoor clothing for messy activities but all children get paint, clay or mud on their clothes sometimes. All-weather clothing is provided for outdoor play.
- We encourage children to be independent to help develop self-esteem and confidence. Please ensure clothes are easy for your child to go to the toilet independently in, belts and dungarees can be difficult.
- We advise that children do not wear jewellery at nursery; they are involved in physical activities every day. If your child’s ears are pierced we recommend that studs are worn.
- It is better if toys from home are not left in the nursery, as they can get lost.
- A member of staff will be your child’s key worker they will support your child, and keep records of achievements, which they will share with you. Please don’t hesitate to speak to your key worker if you would like to discuss anything further.
- Our theme /topic can be seen on the parent notice board.
- Children have a drink of milk or water and a snack at a small charge of £1.25 per week this includes money for additional activities for example Forest School.
Collecting your child from Nursery
Children will only be allowed to leave with an authorised adult (over 16). If you are unable to collect your child yourself please let us know who will be coming. Please telephone in advance if someone else is collecting your child. This will be recorded in the message book.
E-safety advice for parents and carers